Welcome to Body Mind & CoreThank you for joining us. Here you will find all the information you will need to get started. All beginners are welcome to join any of the classes on our daily schedule. Can't wait to see you!
Select an Exclusive OfferLimit (1) per new student. All new student passes* expire (30) days after purchase. NO EXTENSIONS.
$350 BMC Starter Kit: (2) Private Sessions, (10) Classes, and BONUS GIFT.
*BMC Starter Kit expires after (90) days. 10 Classes excludes reformer/booty barre.
Beginning your Yoga PracticeCreating a positive experience for every member of the Body Mind & Core community is important to us.
- Purchase a yoga mat. Having your own mat supports your commitment to your practice and ensures its cleanliness. Manduka Mats and Manduka towels can be rented $3.00 each. (If you don't have cash for a Mat a $12 punch card will be available for purchase. You will receive 4 mat rentals and on your 4th punch you will receive a FREE MANDUKA towel rental with your mat.) Failure to return to rental will result in a $65 non-return fee.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio. Place your shoes in a cubby in the studio changing area. This preserves the sacred nature of the studio space.
- We recommend Yoga 101, a class designed just for beginners. Let the teacher know you are new to the practice.
- Practice often: 4 - 6 times per week for maximum benefit. 2 - 3 times per week will show improvement for most students within three months.
- Support Your Practice. Experience private yoga lessons. Spend an hour per week with a seasoned teacher and have them cater the practice to meet where you currently are on the mat.
- Please come to heated classes hydrated and be prepared to sweat. Heated Power Flow is set at 100-105 degrees & Deep Flow is set at 80 degrees, though keep in mind the room is not actually that hot because of high caliber ventilation and therefore, will feel to you during about 10 - 15 degrees less.
Beginning your Pilates Practice
In order for you to maximize every hour you spend in your Pilates practice it’s important that you build a strong foundation.
If you’ve had NO to little previous Pilates experience your practice path will look like the following:
- One private Introductory Session or attend a monthly Foundations and Philosophy Workshop → 3-5 private sessions → evaluate progress and preparation →
Move into either (2) times per week group equipment or mat classes OR if needed complete second set of 3-5 private sessions → evaluate progress and preparation
Continue 1 - 3 times per week with group equipment or mat classes AND add →
Self-practice at home 1 - 3 times per week week AND/OR
In-studio self-practice 1 - 3 per week
Pilates is a practice just like yoga. It’s life long and a lifestyle. We do not want or expect you to invest in private sessions for ever, although this route is certainly appropriate for some individuals and some prefer this path. Our ULTIMATE GOAL is to consistently progress you so that you experience success and fulfillment in OWNING your practice. This means helping you gain the skill and strength to develop your own self-practice that can be done at home with small props or in the studio on the equipment.
Ways to ExploreVisit our Rates page to sign up for sessions!
- Introductory Session $40 | Fill out the in-depth intake form. Explore your expectations and we will articulate clear goals and establish the best route to your practice, in order to reap the greatest rewards from your efforts.
- Monthly Foundations + Philosophy Workshop $25 | Understand the intention and application of the practice. Work with one of your teachers to build a solid foundation through pivotal fundamental movements.
- (3) Private Session Package $225 | Familiarize yourself with the base routine that will root group classes. Understand the variations of movements most suited for your current needs and address any challenge areas.
- (5) Private Session Package $350 | For a more in-depth introduction and to address any physical concerns such as injuries, acute pain, post-surgery, osteoporosis, and disc injuries, establish the base routine that you will practice in group classes.
- Body Mind + Core Membership $165/mo | Unlimited access to yoga, mat Pilates, TRX, and booty barre + (8) Pilates group reformer classes each month, as well as unlimited open studio reformer self-practices.
- (5) Group Session Package $100 | Add a few more classes to your BMC membership.
- (10) Group Session Package $130 | Invest more fully in your health!
- Open Studio Reformer Self-Practice $49/mo | (FREE to BMC Members)For students using (5) or (10) Group Session Packages to supplement classes.
- Self-Practice at Home FREE |What EVERY student can expect in which to be engaged!
"How Do I Know When I’m ready For In-Studio Self-Practice?"
What is Self-Practice?
Self-practice is where we want to take all of our students. It was Joseph Pilates’ original vision: (30) minutes a day, at home, on your floor, no fancy equipment is all it takes to achieve improved vitality and quality of life. Teaching you the skills needed to truly own your Pilates practice is how we honor that vision.
You can expect that from day 1 we will begin to help you develop tools and strategies for taking your Pilates home with you. In our efforts to support your personal exploration of the exercises we will also guide you toward in-studio practice, which is one of the most powerful opportunities you’ll have at BMC.
In-studio self-practice is a chance for you to use the Pilates equipment in the BMC studio during designated times. You will work on a short program with your teacher that you can follow and we will provide different levels of workouts that you can use depending on your needs. Once you are ready for in-studio self-practice you will either need to have a BMC Membership or acquire a monthly unlimited self-practice package. You will schedule time in the studio during Open Studio Hours just like registering for a class. A maximum of 8 students can use the studio at a time during open studio slots.
When I am ready?
You will be engaging in a home-practice from your very first session, but you know you’re ready for in-studio self-practice when:
- You’ve been practicing for a minimum of (6) months.
- You’re able to demonstrate safe use, manipulation, and clean up of ALL the Pilates equipment.
- You have at least (1) program to begin working with or can follow one of the provided workouts.
- You’re teacher completes an in-studio self-practice preparedness checklist and signs your Self-practice Release of Liability Form.
- You have signed your Self-Practice Release of Liability Form.
Arriving for Class
- Visit our website www.bodymindandcore.com to access our current class schedule, read class descriptions, purchase class passes, and sign up for classes and workshops.
- Arrive 10 - 15 minutes early. Sign in at the front desk, even if you’ve made an online reservation.
- Please do not wear perfumes and heavy scents.
- Wear comfortable, form-fitting workout clothing. Layers help to adjust for temperature changes during and after class.
- TRX classes | (0) minute late policy
- Yoga, Pilates Mat, and Group Reformer classes | (5) minute late policy